1. Reaching: The Great Commission, which Jesus gave to all believers, begins with evangelism (Matt. 28:19-20)
2. Training: Through Bible memorization and other Bible-based achievements, clubbers learn the Word of God, which helps develop their relationship with Jesus Christ.
Awana’s Mission Statement:
ODPC Awana Ministry exists to impress God’s words on the children’s heart and train them to serve Him.
“These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)
1. To reach boys and girls with the gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him
2. To train and motivate leaders to serve in AWANA
3. To provide fun age-appropriate games and activities that allow the children to hear the Gospel and learn Scripture in an exciting way
4. To encourage memorization, understanding and application of Scripture
5. To minister to parents and family members
6. To use positive discipline throughout the entire club meeting to guide and direct children for their benefit.
ODPC Awana Clubs
- Cubbies must be 3 years of age by September 30th of the current year)
- Cubbies nurtures the budding faith of preschoolers and celebrates their desire to explore all that God has created. This two year preschool ministry curriculum features exciting games, storytelling, puppet shows, and biblical teaching as well as take-home activities and tools.
- Kindergartner-2nd grade
- Sparks Kinder must be 5 years of age by September 30th of the current year, and enrolled in Kindergarten
- Sparks ignites the curiosity of early elementary-age kids to learn about the people and events of the Bible, building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ.
Truth & Training (T&T)
- 3rd-6th grade
- The T&T (Truth & Training) curriculum teaches kids the truth of God's Word, trains them to follow Him and practice His grace.